Friday, July 25, 2008

My First Blog Post

Friday, August 15. Wow! Today marks the two month anniversary of when I took office. The time has just flown by. The learning curve has been steep, but it has also been very exciting!

As promised during the campaign, I will follow the lead of Linda Nelson and start blogging to give the members of ISEA a glimpse of what I am doing , where I am traveling, and who I am meeting.

In the two months since I took office, I have traveled many miles and met many people. I am not going to try to cover all of them today, but from time to time will highlight some of the events of the past eight weeks.


Unit 2 Membership Workshops

On Monday, August 11, and Tuesday, August 12, I attended the Unit 2 Membership Workshops in Hampton. Approximately 50 people attended one of the two workshops. After listening to me and the Member Benefits representatives the attendees participated in a "Unit 2 Cafe" to share information about the value of membership, the barriers to membership, and how to address the barriers. Lively discussions were held both days. The workshops were closed by Jon Studer and Brad Hudson talking about Election 2008.

Participating in the "Unit 2 Cafe"
In the photo on the right Joyce Carlson from Clarion-Goldfield EA; Nathan Muhs from Osage EA; Linda Wedemeier from Charles City ESA; and Janan Wegner from Rockwell-Swaledale EA discuss the barriers to membership in the Association.


In the photo on the right Karen Lang from Rockwell-Swaledale EA; Jenny Kreitlow from Clarion Goldfield EA; Linda Wedemeier from Chalres City ESA; and Sheryl Borcherding from Hampton-Dumont EA discuss the value of membership in the Association.
GOOD LUCK CINDY!
On a related note I want to wish Unit 2 UniServ Director the best of luck as she leaves ISEA to take a job as a UniServ Director in the state of Utah. Cindy's dedication and her ever-present smile will be greatly missed in Iowa.




No comments: